STATE OF NJ LOW COST SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM
The applications for this program are processed on the first day of each quarter:
- January 2
- April 1
- July 1
- October 1
(If the first of the month falls on a holiday, Saturday or Sunday the quarter will start on the next regular business day)
This program is a “First come-first served” program. You MUST BE PRESENT to process your pets paperwork. We are not allowed by the state of NJ to keep a list of names or hold a spot for anyone.
Your pets surgery WILL NOT be performed on this day, you will be given a surgical appointment day for your pet within the following 90 days if your application. You only need to bring your pet with you if you need to weigh him/her.
All pets MUST be vaccinated for Rabies. Please bring your pets Rabies vaccination certificate with you (Rabies tags are not acceptable)
Preoperative blood work is available (and optional) for your pet at an additional cost of $65. This blood work checks for any liver, kidneys and blood cell abnormalities in your pet. This will need to be done 1-2 weeks prior to your surgical appointment if you choose to do it.
***FOR SHELTER/RESCUE ADOPTIONS:
Please make sure to have all of your pets adoption and vaccination paperwork, including a valid DOG LICENSE from your township, as well as your dogs exact weight with you at the time of application.
Spay or Neuter your adopted dog or cat for $20.00 if you:
- Are a New Jersey Resident
- Adopted your pet from an eligible licensed NJ shelter; municipal, county, or regional pound; NJ holding or impoundment facility that contracts with NJ municipalities; or a non-profit NJ animal adoption referral agency
- Licensed the dog in your municipality (licensing for cats not required).
***FOR PUBLIC ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS:
You must bring your ID card with you and Rabies vaccination history for your pet at the time of application (or one will given to your pet the day of surgery for an additional $28)
Spay or Neuter your adopted dog or cat for $10.00 if you receive any of the following:
- Food Stamps
- General Public Assistance
- Rental Assistance
- Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- Lifeline Utility Credit
- Tenants Lifeline Assistance
- Supplemental Security Assistance to Aged & Disabled
Show the vet your ID card